In today's digital marketing world, AI writing assistants have become increasingly popular as a tool for creating high-quality content in a fast and cost-effective manner.
As a site that frequently reviews AI writing assistants, we’re often asked about the costs and features of Jasper AI, one of the first and most popular AI writing assistants on the market.
In this article, we’ll take an in-depth look at Jasper AI's pricing, what features you get for your money, and what good alternatives to Jasper AI exist out there if you find their cost prohibitive.
Disclosure: Although I receive affiliate compensation at no additional cost to you to support this site that compensation in no way influences my recommendations, which are strictly informed by my 10+ years of online business experience consulting for clients large and small. My aim is to always recommend tools that offer the best return for your investment (for more details, read my Affiliate Disclosure).
How Much Does Jasper AI Cost?
Jasper AI used to offer a variety of monthly subscription plans, but this is no longer the case. As their AI capabilities have expanded, they’ve decided to just offer a single plan that’s full-featured, and instead tailor your monthly fees to the number of AI words that you generate.
I personally think that this is a good idea, because it allows users to meter their AI spend using a variable they can manage themselves.
For example, Jasper lets you define your monthly word cap for the agreed upon monthly fee, and if you exceed that level, you can either:
- Be bumped up automatically to a higher tier
- Set up Jasper to pause until the next billing cycle without changing the tier
- or Keep your tier and purchase additional blocks of words separately
This one-size-fits-all plan is called Boss Mode and is metered as follows:
- 50,000 words/month costs $59 if paid monthly, or $49 if paid annually
- 100,000 words/month costs $99 if paid monthly, or $82 if paid annually
- 300,000 words/month costs $279 if paid monthly, or $232 if paid annually
- 700,000 words/month costs $600 if paid monthly, or $500 if paid annually
- For word counts above 700,000 words/month you’ll need to contact their sales department for custom pricing
What Features Do You Get for Your Monthly Price?
Jasper AI's Boss Mode plan comes with a large set of valuable features, including:
Here’s a sample of some of the 60+ available templates:
- Documents: Full-featured long-form article writer
- Content Summarizer: Extracts key bullet points from supplied text
- Amazon Product Description: Creates product descriptions for Amazon and other eCommerce sites
- Blog Post Intro Paragraph: Writes the introductory paragraph for a blog post based on the title and a content brief
- Blog Post Conclusion Paragraph: Writes the conclusion paragraph for a blog post based on the post’s outline
- Blog Post Outline: Creates the outline for a blog post based on a title
- Creative Story: Generates narratives for stories based on a brief
- Email Subject Lines: Writes persuasive copy to get high open rates
- Facebook Ad Headline: Creates eye-catching headlines for Facebook Ads
- Personal Bio: Generates personal bios for social media profiles and websites
- SEO - Blog Posts - Title and Meta Descriptions: Creates SEO optimized meta titles and meta descriptions for blog posts
This feature allows you to ask Jasper questions or make requests as if you were talking to a human being.
For example, you can ask: How many books did George Orwell write and what were the dates of publication?
Then Jasper will promptly provide you with the requested information. If you’ve had some time to play with ChatGTP, you'll know how this works.
This feature allows you to use Jasper’s short code language to specify what it is you want the AI tool to generate.
To illustrate this feature, here’s an example of a recipe for a cold email introducing a fictitious ab workout machine:
Product Name: The Ab Super Shape Master II
Product Description: A portable machine to exercise your abs when you're on the go so you can work on your six-pack even while you travel.
>Write an AIDA for the product above
>Convert the Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action into a cold email to John
Finally, for an additional monthly fee of $20/month per user, you’ll be able to generate AI images by providing a list of requirements.
The more specific you are in your description, the more detailed the image will be. Here’s an example from Jasper’s website of an AI-generated image:
Pretty cool, right?
What Are Good Alternatives to Jasper AI?
While Jasper AI is a well-established and popular AI writing assistant, there are many other options available in the market that offer similar functionality at different price points. Some popular alternatives include:
Jasper AI offers a comprehensive AI writing assistant tool for businesses that are looking to increase their content creation speed without stressing their resources.
With its all-in-one Boss Mode plan, you can generate your desired number of AI words with a full set of features for a multiplicity of content creation use cases.
The pricing is straightforward, with different tiers based on the number of words generated each month.
Whether you’re looking to generate blog posts, email subject lines, product descriptions, or even creative stories at scale, Jasper AI has you covered with its wide range of features and impressive human-like writing.