In this article you'll find the 13 best CRM software for insurance agents, fully ranked and reviewed plus recommendations to find out which one is best suited to your needs.
But first, here are our editor's top 7 CRM software tools of 2023:
Top 7 CRMs for Insurance Agents of 2023
There are many customer relationship management systems on the market, but not all of them are well suited for insurance agents.
As an agent, it’s important that you find a CRM that has the features you need to manage your contacts and customers, as well as marketing and sales tools to help you close more deals.
To help you find the best software for your unique needs, we’ve compiled a list of the top players in the market who understand how the insurance business works.
We looked at a variety of factors, including features, ease of use, price, and more.
Disclosure: Although I receive affiliate compensation at no additional cost to you to support this site that compensation in no way influences my recommendations, which are strictly informed by my 10+ years of online business experience consulting for clients large and small. My aim is to always recommend tools that offer the best return for your investment (for more details, read my Affiliate Disclosure).
What is the Best CRM Software for Insurance Agents?
Maximizer is a powerful CRM that can help insurance sales teams close more deals and grow their business faster.
Maximizer allows you to track opportunities, prioritize deals and scale your business with more certainty through the right amount of lead nurturing.
This tool is easy-to-use and highly customizable, so you can configure it to meet the specific needs of your firm.
Maximizer integrates with many popular business applications so you can leverage your existing technology investment.
Maximizer Features that Stand Out
- Shorten your sales cycle with proactive management of your entire sales pipeline. Personalize each stage in minutes and add as many nurturing steps as necessary
- Store customer info, notes, and documents in one place for easy access at any time
- Dig deeper into your sales data with interactive Excel reports. Choose from a built-in library of templates or upload your own and populate it with the data points you wish to track
- View and analyze sales info through a graphical dashboard personalized with your chosen metrics. Compare wins and losses. Monitor team performance
- Track metrics like the probability of close. Perform weighted and unweighted forecasts. Anticipate revenues based on team, territory, channel, or rep
- See who your top performers are and plan your sales strategies. Follow key indicators, including progress to quota and probability of close. Create intuitive graphics to motivate your team
- Eliminate lost opportunities with automated lead management. Track the status and source of every lead. Route leads by territory or agent while the prospect is still interested
Best for Flexibility:
2. Zoho CRM
Zoho CRM is used by over 250,000 businesses in 180 countries, making it one of the most popular CRM solutions available in the market.
Although not specifically designed for insurance agents, it's so customizable that you can easily adapt it to the needs of your agency by adding the necessary fields using their drag-and-drop graphical editor.
With its intuitive interface, analytics tools and integration with other Zoho business apps, Zoho CRM has what's required to create and nurture customer relationships to drive revenue growth.
Zoho CRM Features that Stand Out
- Reach customers across every channel: telephone, email, live chat, and social media
- Get real-time notifications when customers interact with your business
- Measure the effectiveness of your customer communication and find the best time and channel to reach out to your customers
- Trigger instant actions, stay on top of activities, and follow up more effectively through the use of workflows
- Track key performance indicators, including current trends and future predictions
- Get advanced lead and deal predictions using AI so that you can identify the leads that are more likely to convert
- Receive intelligent alerts, task reminders, and suggestions for the best times to contact your leads based on past successful interactions
Best for Integration:
Pipedrive is the all-in-one sales platform for growing revenue. Its features include a customizable sales pipeline, a large number of integrations and an intuitive visual sales process.
Used by over 95,000 companies in 179 countries, Pipedrive CRM is great for insurance sales teams looking for ease of use.
PipeDrive Features that Stand Out
- Find valuable information on contacts in real time to close deals faster
- Export any piece of data from a list of items, including deals, organizations, people, activities and notes
- Increase the number of emails you send while maintaining a personal touch through dynamic personalization
- Speed up your workflow by automating tasks based on a chosen trigger event
- Choose any combination of in-app, email and mobile notifications to be reminded of upcoming activities
- Develop custom features with the free API key
4. Zendesk Sell
Best CRM for Collaboration
Zendesk Sell is a CRM software that can help your insurance business grow by optimally managing your client relationships.
With features like real-time collaboration, automation and an intuitive interface, Zendesk Sell can help you keep your customer information organized so you get full pipeline visibility and unlock sales productivity.
Zendesk Sell Features that Stand Out
- Categorize, group, and search contacts in order to customize your marketing and sales strategies
- Track all interactions, emails, calls, and messages to ensure communication is smartly timed and personalized
- Streamline the identification of qualified leads through lead scoring tools
- Track calendars, notes, appointments, and tasks
- Visually organize emails, calls, and messages
- Powerful analytics for top deals, new deals, closed deals, etc.
- Track revenue goals and pipeline information
- Quickly pinpoint the key factors driving successful customer interactions
Best CRM for Customization
Insly offers a suite of software solutions that helps insurance agencies automate and simplify all the tasks needed to run a successful business.
This software is fully extensible, so it can be tailored to fit the specific needs of each agency. Insly also offers an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy for users to get up and running quickly.
Insly provides you with an effective way to manage your customer relationships, streamline your billing and claims processes, and optimize your risk management strategies.
Insly Features that Stand Out
- Let your most valuable partners access your products directly from their policy administration system and sell them on their website
- Place all decision-making aids right on the underwriter screen (quote submission, referrals, sanctions searches, address lookup, etc.)
- MTAs and endorsements can be processed in their entirety by the requesting broker/customer, with customizable safeguards that give you control over this process
- Automatically assign reminders. Automate your renewal quotes or policy creation flows
- Create and send policy invoices automatically. Track premiums coming in and premiums moving out of your trust accounts
Best CRM for Insurtech Solutions
Vertafore is a CRM technology company that empowers independent agents, carriers, and MGAs to build stronger relationships with their customers.
It supports 21,000 insurance agencies serving over 150,000 customers, automating routine tasks, managing leads and helping them expand their client base.
Vertafore Features that Stand Out
- Design the perfect lead engagement sequence from personalized prospecting emails, to onboarding, follow-ups, reviews and referrals, policy renewals, and win-backs
- Vertafore's lead automation allows you to see which leads are assigned to which producers and trigger automation as your leads process down the pipeline
- Integrations with multiple insurtech solutions you use daily to sync information. Vertafore is integrated with AMS360, QQCatalyst, PL Rating, Hawksoft, NowCerts, Tarmika, and Bridge
- Utilize goal dashboards and customizable activity reports to manage your goals and provide additional transparency to keep your agency and team motivated and performing
Best All-in-One CRM
Thryv is a leading client experience software for insurers and other small businesses, with over 350k clients worldwide.
With Thryv, you can manage your customer relationships, do invoicing, market to prospects, track sales and inventory, organize your team's tasks and a lot more from a single platform.
Thryv Features that Stand Out
- Upgrade your contact list into a CRM with detailed insights and a customizable view of your leads and customers
- Issue estimates and invoices on the go, and get paid faster than ever before
- Automatically trigger targeted marketing campaigns
- Sync your existing calendar, schedule projects, and better manage your day with optional appointment booking and payment processing
- Offer customers an interactive login area online, sync your business info across over 40 listings sites, and get a fast, modern, mobile-ready website
- Securely request, store and share documents directly with your contacts
8. Applied Epic
Best CRM for P&C and Benefits
Applied Epic for Salesforce is the only CRM application in the insurance industry that supports P&C and Benefits and allows your sales and servicing teams to work together efficiently in two separate synced platforms.
It was developed to provide an intuitive and user-friendly interface for insurance sales professionals so they could streamline their sales process, improve customer engagement, or manage leads and prospects more effectively.
Applied Epic Features that Stand Out
- Seamlessly exchange data for accounts, contacts, policies, activities, and attachments plus benefits plan details and attributes, commissions schedules, service plans and more with a tight integration between Salesforce and Applied Epic
- Take advantage of natively integrated plan modeling capabilities via Applied Benefits Designer to develop new business and renewal plans using plan templates and to compare the right quotes for your customers
- Access over 50 out-of-the-box insurance reports for both your P&C and Benefits books to quickly review the health of your books of business, upcoming renewals, and opportunities to determine how much new business you are bringing and keeping in your business
- Schedule renewals to become open opportunities based on criteria you’ve established, including days before expiration, structures, premiums, line of business, and policy status
- Keep front office and back office staff on the same page with bi-directional activity data exchange. Activities can be managed at the work type and employee level, and can be initiated in either system, synced, and accessed by both sales and service reps so they can deliver a consistent message to prospects and customers
Best CRM with a Comprehensive Free Plan
HubSpot offers an easy-to-use CRM platform for insurance agencies that want to improve their sales conversions by bringing together marketing, sales, content management and customer service under one roof.
Plus, HubSpot's CRM is designed with beginners in mind so you can get up and running quickly and it's aided by its award-winning customer support team and a community of thousands of insurance professionals.
Hubspot Features that Stand Out
- Automate your sales process by setting up a series of personalized emails and follow-up tasks to ensure you stay top of mind throughout the sales process
- Automatically capture details from every call so you can uncover the “why” behind team performance. Then unlock coaching opportunities with AI-powered insights
- Know in real time when a lead opens an email so you can follow up at exactly the right time and close deals faster
- Build a library of sales content for your entire team, share documents from your Gmail or Outlook inbox, and see which content closes deals better
- Prioritize your day’s sales calls, make and record calls directly from your browser and automatically log them in your CRM
Best CRM for Advanced Analytics
InsureIO is a comprehensive lead tracking and management system for insurance agencies. It offers real time analytics with pre-built reports to track your agency's progress and identify areas for improvement.
With InsureIO you can optimize your sales cycle with the use of status rules to create automatic opportunities for up-sell, cross-sell, and referrals.
Insureio.com Features that Stand Out
- Build your workflow with custom status types and rules that trigger automated e-mails, call reminders, and more to help prospects through the buyer’s journey
- Your dashboard displays lead opportunities for you and your team. See a client’s name, time zone, status, follow-up required, and assigned team member
- Set up routing rules that automatically assign leads to you or a team member based on brand, referrer, or source
- Build campaigns that mix automated lead nurturing e-mails with tasks that prompt you to follow up. Let Insureio remind you which leads need your attention
- Managing leads from multiple sources, each with its own brand
Best CRM with a Built-in VoiP Phone System
VanillaSoft is a leading sales engagement platform for insurance agents, providing solutions to over 1,000 agencies worldwide with features like real-time analytics, automated lead scoring and multiple integrations.
With VanillaSoft you can automate your inside sales team's outreach with SMS and email and you can provide your reps with meaningful and actionable feedback through its built-in call recording software.
VanillaSoft Features that Stand Out
- Queue-based lead routing software gives you the shortest distance between a lead and the sale
- Keep the calls rolling with autodialing
- Scripting capabilities deliver dynamic messaging through every step of the sales cycle
- Set more appointments with the most powerful appointment setting software on the market
- VoIP solution gives you enterprise-grade phone service built for any size business
12. Netsuite CRM
Best CRM for Large Agencies
NetSuite's CRM software provides a 360-degree view of all interactions with customers, partners and suppliers.
It helps insurance agencies manage and analyze customer data, identify potential leads and opportunities, and optimize customer service processes.
NetSuite's CRM also integrates with other NetSuite applications such as accounting and ERP to provide a complete view of the customer, and being a cloud-based solution, it can be accessed from anywhere at any time.
Netsuite CRM Features that Stand Out
- Provide your sales organization with integrated sales processes from opportunity, upsell and quote management to sales forecasting, order management, fulfillment and commissions
- Track and measure a prospect's activity, identify when a lead meets known buyer-readiness conditions and pass that lead to sales as soon as it meets your predefined criteria
- Create and automate case management processes so that customers can submit cases online, review the status and reply with follow-up communications
- View, enter and update key customer and sales data directly from a tablet or mobile device
- Built-in reporting, real-time analytics and role-based dashboards enable sales, marketing and service teams to continuously monitor performance
Best CRM for Marketing Automation
Radius is an agency management system for insurance agents who want to stay organized with a range of features that are designed to help you manage your leads and clients efficiently and effectively.
With Radius, you can access all of your data securely from anywhere through it's cloud-based solution and it incorporates a marketing automation suite, a built-in calendar tool and an integrated VoiP system.
Radius Features that Stand Out
- Sales automation: lead distribution rules, work flows, assigned tasks, text messaging, screen share, quote engines
- Marketing automation: automated workflows, autoresponders, email marketing, text messaging, monthly newsletters, send direct mail
- Integrated VoIP: click-to-call, auto preview dialer, call recording, call queue lists, local & toll free numbers, IVR & call groups
- Organization: built in calendar, tasks & reminders, email dropbox, text message users, time stamped notes, track history
- Customization: coverage types, lead temperature, custom form fields, open API, third party apps, agency logo
What is a CRM and what are the benefits for insurance agents?
A CRM, or customer relationship management system, is a software application that helps insurance agents manage their customer relationships and interactions across all channels, including phone, email, social media, and direct mail.
This information is stored in one central location so that agents can easily access it and use it to create targeted marketing campaigns leading to better conversions and faster revenue growth.
CRM systems also provide agents with valuable insights into their customers' preferences and behaviors.
Armed with this information, they can personalize their interactions with each customer at scale and create custom policies that are more likely to meet their needs.
What are most common features to look for in the best CRM software for insurance agents?
The most common features of the best CRM software for insurance agents include contact management, sales force automation, lead management, opportunity management, customer service and support, campaign management, forecasting and reporting.
However, different CRMs offer different features, so it's important to take your time to pick the right one based on your needs.
When choosing a CRM, you should first determine which features are most important to your business based on its revenue level, deal flow and size of your sales force.
For example, is sales-team management an important consideration? (round-robin lead distribution, checks and balances to prevent lead poaching, etc.)
Or do you need something more simple that can help you keep track of customer interactions and close more sales without the need for more expensive sales-team management features?
Once you've identified your needs, you can start looking for a CRM that offers the features you need from the list above.
What to Do Next
The best CRM software for insurance agents will help you manage your sales team, manage your leads, nurture them for increased conversions and help grow your revenue faster.
Try the above tools to see which one best fits the needs of your agency. Most offer free trial plans of limited-time money back guarantees.