In this article you'll find the 15 best appointment scheduling software for small business, fully ranked and reviewed plus recommendations to find out which one is best suited to your needs.
But first, here are our editor's top 10 appointment scheduling software tools for small business of 2023:
Top 10 Appointment Scheduling Software
If you're looking for the best appointment scheduling software for small business, this article is for you. Now, small business owners wear many hats and so they always have a lot on their plates.
Not only do they need to manage the day-to-day tasks of running a business, but they also need to find time for marketing, bookkeeping and other administrative tasks.
Appointment scheduling software can help small business owners like you manage your time more efficiently and ensure that you never miss important appointments.
Disclosure: Although I receive affiliate compensation at no additional cost to you to support this site that compensation in no way influences my recommendations, which are strictly informed by my 10+ years of online business experience consulting for clients large and small. My aim is to always recommend tools that offer the best return for your investment (for more details, read my Affiliate Disclosure).
What is the Best Appointment Scheduling Software for Small Business?
Calendly is an online scheduling tool that allows users to schedule professional meetings with others without the hassle of back-and-forth emails.
With over 10,000,000 users worldwide, Calendly offers a reliable and efficient way to schedule meetings without wasting time.
All you have to do is create an account, select a meeting time and invite others to schedule with you.
Calendly Features that Stand Out
- Connect up to six calendars per user to check real-time availability
- Add Calendly on your website, email, webinar platform, etc. to streamline scheduling
- Automate communication before and after meetings with programmable workflows
- Poll multiple attendees for their availability to find out the best time for most
- Make booking meetings simple for teams who use CRMs
- Streamline payments to Calendly events with Stripe or PayPal
Best for Flexibility:
Booknetic is one of the best appointment scheduling WordPress plugins used by small businesses. It allows you total flexibility to manage your appointments, customers, and staff, all in one place.
This plugin is sold through the Envato marketplace, where it has ranked #1 with a 4.98 rating from users for customer support, feature set and ease of use.
You can purchase it for a one-time fee of $79, which gives you lifetime access to future updates and six months of customer support.
Booknetic Features that Stand Out
- Email, SMS, and WhatsApp notifications of booked appointments
- Integration with Zoom for online meetings
- Payments can be made online using popular payment gateways, including Paypal and Stripe
- Recurring payments and group appointments
- Unlimited services, employees, and locations
- Coupons and gift cards available
- Waiting List
- Mailchimp integration
- Webhook actions for HTTPHTTPS requests
Best for Practitioners:
Jane is an online scheduler developed for people who want to run their practice online, including appointment scheduling, invoicing, payment processing and even online video conferencing.
It offers a variety of features and tools to help practitioners streamline their workflow and provide better client care.
Its appointment scheduling system is user-friendly and helps practitioners keep track of their appointments, schedule new appointments, process payments and more.
Jane's invoicing system is simple and easy to use, and it helps practitioners manage their finances and process payments quickly and efficiently.
Jane Features that Stand Out
- Full integration with your clinic’s workflow
- Your patients can create an appointment with a specific practitioner if they have a preference
- Can collect data on a patient's reason for visiting and insurance information prior to arriving
- Your patients can view their upcoming appointments and cancel or reschedule visits
- Offers flexible privacy settings that can be set to your clinic's standards
Best Appointment Scheduling Software for Enterprise
10x8 is a cloud-based Appointment Scheduling Software that helps businesses manage their appointments, customers and staff more effectively.
It offers a wide range of features to its users, including the ability to send automated appointment reminders, track customer history and accept online bookings.
If you're looking for a way to improve your business efficiency by streamline your booking processes, then 10x8 is definitely worth checking out.
10to8 Features that Stand Out
- Ability to send SMS, email and even voice call reminders so clients confirm their appointments
- Brand and customize all client communications
- You can decide when, how and what can be booked, by setting up booking restrictions and cancellation periods
- Take payments online with PayPal or Stripe at the point of booking
- Coordinate multiple staff, calendars, rooms and locations seamlessly
- Track all changes, notes, payments and history for customers and appointments
Best Appointment Scheduling Software for Small Business
Appointlet makes it easy to find a time that works for everyone, so you can stay focused at work.
With Appointlet, you can search for available times and book meetings without back-and-forth email exchanges.
Plus its responsive user interface makes it easy to use on both web and mobile devices, allowing you to schedule meetings on the go.
Appointlet Features that Stand Out
- Generate a link to your scheduling page so it's easy for people to book a time with you
- Use a code snippet to let people schedule time with you directly from your webpage
- Create custom intake forms and questionnaires
- You can introduce time buffers to prevent meetings from running into each other
- Feature your company's logo, name and brand colors on the scheduler
- Set up a round robin scheduling flow so that meetings are distributed to members equally
Best Appointment Scheduling Software for Managing Staff
Appointy allows businesses to reduce the hours of time they spend on administrative work, manage staff more effectively, get more clients and accept payments.
Whether you're a small startup or an established business, Appointy offers a great solution for automating and streamlining your appointment scheduling process so you can get more out of your time and resources.
Appointy Features that Stand Out
- You can control business hours at both the staff and service levels from a simple interface
- Create a tab in your Facebook page that allows your customers to schedule their next appointment
- Website widget seamlessly integrates with your existing website so you can accepting appointments directly on your site
- Increase staff productivity by reducing no shows and filling empty time slots
- Allow your customers to prepay either the full, part or a fixed amount when they schedule an appointment
Best Appointment Scheduling Software for Workflow Integration
Cronofy is a leading provider of scheduling solutions for businesses of all sizes. With its suite of tools, Cronofy makes it easy to schedule meetings, appointments and events.
Whether you need to coordinate schedules between a couple of employees or across multiple departments, Cronofy's enterprise-ready tools make it simple to plan and organize your time effectively.
Also, Cronofy's embeddable components and APIs make it easy to integrate scheduling features into your existing workflows and processes.
Cronofy Features that Stand Out
- Set up automation rules for specific scheduling events to save everyone time
- Connect all the calendars in your business so everyone has access to their colleague’s availability in real-time
- Choose between a single-time use scheduling link for complete privacy or sharing your availability via a public link that can be used by anyone
- Link directly with your email provider so you can schedule directly from your emails
Best Appointment Scheduling Software for Point of Sale Integration
Square Appointments is the perfect solution for business owners who need to manage their time and services more efficiently. It allows you to manage appointments and make payments all in one place.
Since this is a Square product, it is automatically integrated with Square Point of Sale, making it easy to take payments for appointments and services rendered without forcing clients to leave the scheduling platform.
Whether you run a small business or are an independent contractor, Square Appointments is a great tool to help keep your time and appointments organized.
Square Appointments Features that Stand Out
- Choose the scheduler's colors, layout and pages that give the best first impression for your business
- Can send automatic appointment reminders to customers via SMS and email
- Take secure payments with no hidden fees through the Square Appointments POS system
- Build relationships with customers by keeping profiles on file and add notes to capture customer’s special preferences
- See all customer communication and activity in one place with Square Messages
Best Appointment Scheduling Software for Customization
TimeTap is a secure, enterprise-ready scheduling software.
Its cloud-based platform ensures that your schedule is always up-to-date and accessible from anywhere.
Features include invoicing, reporting and task management.
TimeTap Features that Stand Out
- Keep track of which clients show up and which ones are no shows and get instant reports on attendance rates
- Can customize your client profiles with unlimited fields
- Send automated email confirmations and reminders
- Choose which staff members can view what clients information to minimize poaching
Best All-in-One Appointment Scheduling Software
Yocale is a one stop shop for all your business needs. It offers online scheduling, CRM, custom forms and virtual video calls, allowing you to run your business from anywhere at any time.
It is fast and easy to use, allowing you to manage your business at a brisk pace without dropping critical communications with your clients.
Yocale Features that Stand Out
- 24/7 online booking with unlimited email/SMS notifications
- Unlimited staff profiles and client profiles (status, history, and payments)
- Client notifications and reminders, including rebooking reminders
- Email marketing
- Client app for booking appointments
11. Your Can Book Me
Best Appointment Scheduling Software for Teams
With You can book me, you can connect with your calendar and only share the times you want with your customers.
You can even sync You can book me with popular calendar services like Google and Apple so that your appointments always stay up-to-date.
You can book me makes it easy to keep your schedule organized and accessible whether you're a small practice or a large team of professionals.
You Can Book Me Features that Stand Out
- Flexible schedule and availability
- Create custom availability with 'On Duty'
- Offer tentative bookings and multiple bookings per time slot
- Password protect your booking page
- Manage availability of your entire team
Best Appointment Scheduling Software for Individuals
Doodle takes all the hassle out of coordinating schedules, so you can focus on the task at hand.
A unique Doodle feature is the ability to create a poll with all the pertinent event information (date, time, location, etc.), and then get availability responses from all of your invitees in minutes.
Doodle Features that Stand Out
- Share your availability with a link
- Suggest times and let participants book what works for them
- Build Doodle right into your workflow through its multiple integrations
- Group polls let you send people a set of times and see which one works best for your event
13. Chilly Piper
Best Appointment Scheduling Software for Sales Reps
Chilly Piper is a scheduling system designed for sales teams. It allows sales reps to increase their selling time by automating the process of qualifying, routing and booking appointments.
It's easy to use and it can be customized to meet the needs of your business through its advanced features and intuitive user interface.
Chilli Piper Features that Stand Out
- Auto-sync all meeting details, follow-ups, and records to your CRM in real time
- Create routing rules based on how you structure your sales team
- Include smart booking links in emails to allow for one-click booking from marketing campaigns
Best Free Appointment Scheduling Software
Setmore is a free online scheduling software that helps you manage your appointments, bookings and reservations.
It can be accessed from any device with an internet connection, so you can keep your schedule updated from anywhere.
Setmore can organize your entire scheduling operation with 24/7 automated online booking, reminders and payments.
Setmore Features that Stand Out
- Customize your Booking Page's URL and showcase your top reviews
- Send personalized email or text reminders to every customer
- Add 1-click Zoom or Teleport video meeting links to your appointments
- Accept payments securely online
- Add your logo, branding and Instagram feed
Best Appointment Scheduling Software for Project Management
HoneyBook is more than just scheduling software. It can also take care of sending invoices, tracking payments and handling contracts, among other business tasks.
With its intuitive interface, HoneyBook is a great solution if you're looking to augment your event scheduling tasks with project management features.
HoneyBook Features that Stand Out
- End-to-end project tracking
- Do your invoicing, contracts and payments from one tool
- Integrate with Zoom, Quickbooks, Zapier, Gmail, and Google Calendar
- Free forever account with all features
What are the benefits of appointment scheduling software for small businesses?
For small businesses, scheduling software can be a valuable tool for managing customer appointments semi-automatically.
By using an appointment scheduling system, businesses can keep track of their customers' appointments and ensure that they are able to meet their needs by pre-selecting available time slots through an online calendar.
Appointment scheduling software can also help businesses automate appointment reminders and follow-ups, which can save time and improve customer satisfaction.
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, businesses may also find that using an appointment scheduling system can help them to manage their resources more efficiently and allow them to provide a higher level of service to their customers.
How to choose the best appointment scheduling software for your business?
When choosing the best appointment scheduling software for your business, you'll need to consider a few factors.
First, you'll need to decide which features are most important to you. Some appointment scheduling software offers basic features like online booking and automated reminders, while others offer more advanced features like customer management tools and integrations with payment systems.
Second, you'll need to decide how much you're willing to spend. Most appointment scheduling software pricing starts for free or several dollars per month, but can go up dramatically depending on the features offered and the number of users required.
Finally, you'll need to make sure the software is compatible with all your devices and operating systems in addition to your website, and that it can be synchronized across all platforms seamlessly.
What to Do Next
Scheduling software can help small business owners in just about any industry manage their time more efficiently, including appointment automation, managing employees' time schedules, and much more.
On the above list, you'll find many different types of appointment scheduling software programs, each with their unique features and benefits.
The best way to assess if they're a good fit for your organization is to give them a try. Most of the above tools offer either free trials or a money back guarantee.